Monday, August 30, 2010

Must-Have HS'ing Resources

I know it's been forever since I've posted something on this blog, but our new school year has brought new resources that I have to share. The coolest that I just found is the free loan program from The National Gallery of Art in New York. You can request a catalog or browse their online catalog full of wonderful art resources. For Vince's 9th grade work, I was looking for free art history resources. That's how I stumbled on this valuable resource. There are too many items to list; you'll just have to check it for yourself!

http://www.nga.gov/education/classroom/loanfinder/index.mhtm#resourcefinder


On the same subject, I found Canadian professor Dr. Robert J. Belton's free online handbook: "Art History: A Preliminary Handbook." I printed off the 2nd and 3rd sections to use as an introduction for Art History before we get into the actual history, artists, periods, etc. It's at:

http://web.ubc.ca/okanagan/creative/links/arthistory.html


I will eventually post these links on the side of this blog along with the other links to free curriculum. My goal was and continues to be to bring you free curriculum to make homeschooling possible on any budget!

No comments: